Preemie Heroes is a Christian organization that aims to provide support to premature babies and their families in Africa. We are dedicated to supply adequate medical resources, promote prematurity awareness and advocacy. In addition, we shall contribute to educational resources for preemie parents and caregivers thus enable the premature babies to thrive in life.
The Anchor Scripture for the Preemies Project is Isaiah 65:20,
Never again will there be an infant in it who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; the one who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere child, the one who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed.
To reduce mortality rates among preemies in Kenya and Africa at large.
- To increase awareness among parents to be, teenagers, and caregivers and the society at large.
- To promote welfare and educational encouragement to the preemie parents so that they can be better equipped to handle the challenges they encounter as relates to their development.
- To develop strategies for improvement for preemies developmental milestones in order to help them live a balanced life in Kenya and Africa at large.
- To participate in dissemination of reliable up to date and accurate evidence based on information and educational resources on child education and welfare to government of Kenya, child welfare professionals, the general public in Kenya and Africa at large.
- To promote and nurture research on preemies’ birth and development in Kenya and Africa at large.
- To collaborate with and leverage support from existing organizations with similar objectives.
To have a first class affordable NICU Centre for all the Preemies irrespective of their socio-economic status.
To improve the survival rates of preemies and lower the numbers of preemies born in Africa by raising awareness amongst all the stakeholders through advocacy, resource mobilization and capacity building.